Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weigh-In #1

This is exciting! It's my first weigh-in since I set my goal! So, I decided to weigh-in on Thursdays for no real reason other than I wanted to weigh-in today and I was feeling like a slacker on Tuesday. The great news is, this set me up for a full first week with a pretty great weight loss. Here it is:

181.8 pounds!

That means I've lost 4.8 pounds this week, for a total loss of 4.8 pounds since I started. Man, that kind of sentence will make a lot more sense when it's no longer the first week of weighing in. My first weight picture was taken in the middle of the day, too, so I have no doubt that part of this is just water weight, since this and future weigh-ins will be done in the morning just after getting dressed. So, what do I have to chalk this up to? How I ate, how I moved, and how I felt.

How I Ate

According to MyFitnessPal, my average calorie intake each day this week was about 1450 a day. Sunday was the highest because we had a big breakfast (fried eggs and two slices of toast with margarine) and went to Chris's parents' house, where we had a big dinner, including steak. Saturday was a bit scandalous, too, as I had McDonald's chicken mcnuggets and fries for lunch. Again, overall it was a very positive week with just two meals that stand out as especially calorie-dense, and a lot of really great choices.

All the specific foods are at my MyFitnessPal site, so I won't bother retyping them here, but I'm happy overall with both the variety and quality of the food I've been eating this week.

How I Moved

I missed an exercise this week and had to make it up the next day, but other than that I've been on track with my EA Sports Active 2 workouts, a bit of walking outside, random barbell moves while watching TV, and a little Wii Fit. According to MyFitnessPal, this week I hit 1186 calories on my Wii Fit/EA Workouts. I haven't been tracking my calories for the weights, because I've been doing them somewhat haphazardly this week. Also, I figure if I lowball my estimated exercise calories, the only thing that might come from that is a better number than expected.




I'm having a bit of ankle pain, and it's kind of stressful, but the ankle is neither swollen nor warm to the touch, signs of sprain. Hopefully this pain, which has been hanging around for over a week now, will fade in the coming days.

How I Felt

Most days are great. I am dealing with some weird anxiety about leaving the apartment, as well as little bouts of sadness, but that's kind of average for me. I'm reading a lot about nutrition and exercise, as well as watching Village on a Diet and The Biggest Loser. I'm constantly thinking about eating right and exercising. Some days I'm so excited and impressed with what I accomplish in terms of health and homemaking, and other days I just shut down and hide under a blanket all day. It's a struggle, but I feel like, even if I'm crawling, I'm going in the right direction.

No comments: