Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weigh-In #4

Thursday again? How does this keep happening? Oh well, here we go with this week's weigh-in.

180.6 pounds. Not great, but not terrible.

This week we're holding right around the weight of last week, well, 1.2 pounds above that, actually. That makes for a total weight loss of six pounds, or 1.5 pounds a week. Though I wish I had lost weight this week, I'm happy to be at my target number for weight loss on a weekly basis. That's the good news. The bad news is that, hey, I had a bad week. And I earned it! See how in my weekly recap below.

How I Ate:

Well, my calories for this week averaged out at 1470 per day, which is around 80 calories more per day this week than last week. That's not great. I didn't eat as many fruits and veggies as I should have this week for whatever reason, and Chris and I ended up having five meals out of the house, which always means more calories than those meals would be at home. We ate lunch and dinner with his family, had two snacks (which I'm counting as a meal) on the day we were big time Canadian TV stars, ate dinner that night at Quiznos, and had brunchy foods at the engagement party. Mix in the fact that we were sent home with Chinese food from Chris's parents rather than the usual veggies and grilled meat. It was delicious, to be sure, but next weel will be better.

How I Moved:

Oh man. I haven't had a week this bad since starting EA Sports Active 2. This week I missed THREE workouts. Three workouts! That's 850+ calories! Ugh. This was a rough week, and between stomach aches and general down in the dumpitude, I just wasn't working out. Yesterday I made up one missed workout, so I'm only two down, but I have scheduled workouts for the next two days, so I probably won't be able to make up any more for a couple days, because pulling two workouts in one day is TOUGH. Also, the housework stopped getting done there for a few days along with the workouts/eating well, so now I have a bunch of that to do to catch up. What I'm saying is that I absolutely will catch up with my workouts, it'll just probably be a little while before I manage it. One of my goals this week is to be caught up on my workouts by the time of my next weigh-in. Considering we have four scheduled workouts and I have two extra to fit in there, it will be a challenge to pull it off, but I'll really have accomplished something if I can do it.

How I Felt:

Like crap. I've spent a lot of this week hiding in bed with a book or watching TV or poking around online. Or crying my big dumb eyeballs out. It's been a hard week. I learned the extent of Dad's sickness and got the news from Mom about how long the doctors expect we'll have with him, and yeah, I fell into a horrible hole. It's hard. It's awful. And right now, as much as I love and am grateful for the opportunity to be with Chris every day, what I wish I could be doing is spending time with my parents. I feel like they need me, and I need them.

I think it's normal to lose your head in times of massive personal trouble like this. The good news is, it could have been a lot worse. I gained less than two pounds. I believe this is because through it all I kept logging my calories on MyFitnessPal, and because we just didn't have a lot of comfort food in the house. I can't really cry into bowls of ice cream and Oreos if I don't have any. So a bit of preparation in having (mostly) healthy food around the house and the power of habit when it comes to calorie tracking helped me stay on course in a week when everything else went to crap.

I wish I had better news. I wish I could have lost a pound or two. But this was a bad week for me and it really challenged me. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I've got to let go of that perfectionism and embrace my successes. I'm human. I struggle with life. This is to be expected.

The last two days have been a lot more okay than the ones that preceded them, and I've been back to eating right/cleaning/working out as of today and yesterday. I suspect next week will be back in line unless things get turrible again. I'm sure I'll have difficulty and I'm sure I'll have weak moments, but I'm hoping and working for the best. I'll see you then!

No comments: