Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weigh-In #7

I'm late with this update! This picture was, however, taken yesterday, so the number is accurate. And it's a good one! Don't mind me while I make this a super short post because that last one (the Disney Day post) was looooong and draining.


This week I'm weighing in at a very encouraging 174.4, down three pounds since last week for a total weight loss of 12.2 pounds, which is officially awesome. Officially. I'm happy to see the weekly see-saw of my weight loss has continued, since this is the week I lose weight, Next week I might feel differently, though.

How I Ate:

This week I had an average of 1356 calories per day. We tried these two recipes for the first time this week and will definitely be doing the second one again soon. The nice thing about the tortilla pizza is that it uses two tortillas and that makes it more than just a floppy, thin tortilla with stuff on it. We use Dempster's small whole wheat tortillas at 90 calories a piece, so if I was on a serious calorie crunch I'd probably use just one tortilla and tough it out with the floppiness. Chris had just cheese and Pizza Squeeze on his thanks to Ash Wednesday rules against meat, but I ended up enjoying a Mexican pizza with leftover taco meat from a couple nights before, and it was killer! I ate out with Cat on Disney Day, but we split a meal, so the calories were really reasonable, especially considering the 45 minute walk to and from the place.

How I Moved:

This week Chris and I started the Cardio Kickstart program on EA Sports Active 2. They say this is a good program with which to start exercising with the game, but we wanted to try the nine week general fitness challenge. Fun fact: going from one to another is almost not comparable. At the end of the medium nine week program, we were regularly working out 40+ minutes and burning 300-400 calories. After our first couple EASA2 Cardio Kickstart (on hard), we've averaged a workout that's 21 minutes long and 118 calories. In other words, it's pretty weak. We've been walking a bit around the city and taking the stairs everywhere except in the apartment, but I worry about my success slowing down. Ah, well. I need to pick up the free weights again, and this is probably the perfect time for it.

How I Felt:

Pretty good. There have been down days, and I've had some moments of perfectionism paralysis, but I'm trying. I feel good. I know I'll be sad when I leave Chris and happy to come home to my parents and sister, but for now I'm just trying to wring all I can out of this time with him, in this city, with Monte, everything. Trying to look around, to take photographic and mental pictures of things, especially my everyday stuff like the block approaching our apartment or the shops I pass every time I go out or the living room. Just the stuff of life here.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on your weight loss! In all the pictures, you look positively fantastic.

I feel you on the last paragraph. I'm trying to mentally log silly things before I move, such as how walking to the 7-11 feels and how our favorite taco shop has a picture of a dancing chili pepper as a logo....or you know just small things like how the ceiling in our bedroom looks. Anyway, maybe you understand :)

Whitney said...

Thank you for the compliment! I'm excited about the weight thing and hoping to keep it up when I go home. Here's hoping!

And yeah, leaving isn't bad. I'm excited to go back home. But I know there are things I'll miss, because being here has been such an amazing experience. Even though I've only lived in Toronto for five and a half months, it feels like longer, probably because of all the new experiences I've been having. (http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/17/attempting-to-prolon.html) That reminds me, I want to do a massive post of all the new things I've seen, done, and eaten since I got here.

I'm so excited about you and Japan. I can't wait to read and see everything!