Monday, April 18, 2011

Tinkering

I've been playing with the layout/background/colors of my blog. I know it's not a cooking blog per say, but I love the style of background and the colors (which I'm finding myself somewhat unsuccessful at repeating throughout my blog in links/titles/outlines) and I like the new style. I don't expect this will be the last change, as it's fun to play around, so don't be shocked if you check in and everything's changed all over again.


I still want to eventually launch a blog that I'll be dumping lots of time and effort into making as big as possible, but that's probably not on the menu for months at the least. In the meantime, I like to apply what I'm learning from places like Will Work for Followers and Problogger here to dip a toe in the water and maybe even figure some things out that will help me down the line.

I plan to keep this personal blog going as long as possible, as I love the opportunity to share my pictures, experiences, and ideas with anyone who wants to see them. I like writing and haven't made it important enough in my life for all its value. The chance to really reflect on things and puzzle over their deeper meanings has been a huge part of why I keep blogging. I'm not the best (but I can get better!) and I'm not the biggest (but I can still grow!), but it's fun. I think a part of the fun is actually learning things I want to use in the future, hopefully gaining mastery over designing a visually appealing blog, honing my writing and taking the time to make it as good as it can be, and providing new ways for readers to get involved and feel a sense of ownership in the blog. I don't know how engaged I'd be if this were just some journal of my weekly highs and lows, and what I weigh.

So stick around. It might not be a quick change, but I promise you'll see a transformation of this blog into the best it can be, and you'll be on the ground floor of my next one as soon as I set it up. Lucky you!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Here are the hexadecimal colour codes for your background:

beige (background): F9F9CC
green: CBD92A
red: F26B45
orange: FCB040
blue: 7DCDC7

Whitney said...

Thanks, Chris!

Chris said...

Not a problem, my beautiful one.