Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weigh-In #12

I've become aware that my socks are filthy and, despite receiving regular washings, need to be either bleached or burned. Thank you for not commenting on that in this picture.

What does that even say?

Okay, so it was a bad picture all around. It says 167.0, for anyone. That's down 2.8 pounds from last week and down 19.6 pounds since beginning my journey of weight loss on this blog. THIS IS AWESOME. My BMI's 27 down from 30.1 when I started. EXCELLENCE ALL AROUND.

How I Ate:

This week I had an average calorie intake of 1265 calories per day, right on track for my goals. I ate lots of good food I'm proud of, though I did have one night of fun and way too many calories with Curtis and Alexis. It was worth it, though!

This was a big week for barbecue! Dad and Mom showed me how to barbecue chicken leg quarters. We've had lots of barbecue at restaurants and made by my parents, but while I took up a lot of steaming, roasting, baking (chicken, not cakes!), and the like, I've been kind of intimidated by barbecue. It's fire! That's reasonable, right?



Curtis and Alexis did smoked ribs, barbecued chicken legs, and vegetable skewers when I went over to visit them. It was great! We played some Scene It? and went out to see Sucker Punch, and it was a lot of fun though quite a calorie splurge. I balanced it by eating well throughout the week, though, and clearly the calories all worked out, so it worked great.

I haven't even mentioned the yogurt-marinated lamb chops Dad grilled this week, have I? Oh man, those were great. Fun fact, though, lamb has a LOT of calories. Good thing I can't afford to eat it very often!

How I Moved:

I didn't have a great week for exercise, only running once, but I did do something exciting and I joined a gym yesterday! A real gym with classes and free weights and lots and lots of cardio equipment and showers and lockers and hair dryers and TRX straps and all kinds of wacky stuff! So now I'm a member of a gym. I am going to have to, you know, get a job soon since I'll have to be paying for it every month, but I'm feeling pretty confident about that.

How I Felt:

I've been pretty good all week, though today was a bit stressful as we waited to hear Dad's PET scan results. The news came in that the cancer has decreased in his bones, appears to be the same size but a lower activity level on his lung, and his brain spots are TBA by some new scan, perhaps CAT. Today I've been kind os unfocused, then I spent the day being mad at myself for not getting more done. Blah.

Tomorrow's a new day, though, and I'll be going to the gym to work out, follow up on some applications I put in, and hopefully going to the Museum of Southern History, something that dovetails nicely with my neverending reading of Gone with the Wind. Good news: the Yankees are almost at Atlanta, so, come on, we have to be wrapping up this book soon, right?

...Right?!


Well, that's all for now, but I'm looking forward to another awesome week, especially after signing up for a gym. I'll see you around!

No comments: