Sunday, May 29, 2011

Letting Go of Guilt

So I have this thing that's been a problem for me for just about forever, and it's happening again. First, I fall off the wagon with something I'm gung-ho about, or maybe forget to do something that was important. I don't call for someone's birthday or thank someone for a lovely Valentine's Day card or I kind of slip out of blogging. Then I realize that the window for gracefully doing these things is kind of past me. It's a week later and I really should have called or emailed or blogged and I just haven't. The longer I wait, the worse I feel and it just spirals into something that's self-sustaining and horrible.

I've got to get over this. It's caused too many problems for too long, and it gives me all the negative affects (people think I'm a jerk, I don't get things done) as if I was really careless about this stuff while caring, really caring, the whole darn time.

So let's do this.

Ashleigh, I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend. I had a lot going on when I first got to Jacksonville and I didn't make a priority of hanging out with you when I should have. You're a great friend and I want to be a better one to you.

Kristen, thanks for the Valentine's card. It was super sweet, had an awesome squirrel on it, and I should have thanked you right away but didn't. I'm sorry about that. We kept it on the kitchen table for a few weeks, though, because Chris and I both really liked it.

Readers of this blog, I'm sorry. I let other things get in the way and then every time I wanted to post I'd tell myself it wasn't interesting or I didn't have enough time, and then suddenly I've only posted four times in May! Ahh! So I'm going to try to be better. I'm going to make more of an effort to choose cool things that are going on in my life and share them with you, and if I don't have anything cool going on, maybe I'll take that as a sign to be more interesting.

I'm going to forgive myself for the weigh-ins I've missed, not telling you about the newest member of the Hansen household, and something I've accomplished that I'm really proud of, and hopefully this week I can get back on the wagon of being a dedicated blogger and share all that and more with you. Thanks for your understanding and taking the time to read this. I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You're welcome!! :) Way to let this stuff go....negativity in any form is SO bad for you. Way to get nboth physically and mentally healthy.