Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Fascinating Friends #2


This is my second fascinating friend in this series of posts where I highlight someone awesome who does awesome things that you, dear reader, can check out on your own. Her name is Kristen, and besides her knack for finding exceptionally large citrus, she's also a funny gal, a great blogger, and on a totally awesome adventure in Japan.

See, she's just setting up her new life in Japan after having lived in California the last few years. Her husband's in the Navy and was stationed there, so they moved as soon as they were cleared after the travel ban was lifting following the earthquake earlier this year. She has so many interesting posts before and after she arrived in Japan, that I recommend you read them all. If you want a taste of my favorites from her blog, I'd suggest reading about her first great success in Japanese literacy, her personal introduction to elite Japanese athletes, and her recent blog post about her new position on the Yokosuka Sushi Rollers roller derby team.

My favorite things about Kristen's blog are her frequent updates, all the cool pictures she takes, and the subject matter. She's in Japan! That's so cool! It's so interesting to read about her experiencing new things over there and hoping one day to do the same. Her approach is humorous and informative, and above all honest. Things might go how she expects them to, but she tries to explain them to her readers because she figures they'll be just as interested in how things work as she is. She's so right.

Click here to check out Kristen's blog, Adventures in Yokosuka!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You made my day! :)

Megumi said...

I'm a little confused about the large lemon and coffee pic but I will agree with you Whitney I love her blog too!!

Chris said...

@Megumi: http://barajasjapan.blogspot.com/2011/04/last-day-in-san-jose.html