Sunday, January 23, 2011

Below zero

Well, it's often been below zero since I got to Toronto. They use the wacky Celsius system, so where your average American would call freezing 32 degrees, they call it zero. Okay, Canuks. But today, in real people measurements, it was below zero. And it felt like -13. (That's -17 feeling like -25 in Canadian.) And you're reading the blog of some genius who just spent 30 minutes in it.

So much more stoic than his human counterpart, who
can't see the camera through her frozen tears.

Chris and I just got back from the dog park with Monte. It was fun. We saw a dog we've seen there before and a couple we haven't. He got into some fights, but nothing serious, and the other owners were cool and understanding. Who cares, the story is it was way too cold and I think I'm going to have to complain to Celine Dione or someone about it.


Here's what I wore:

A hat that covered my ears
The awesome fuzzy purple scarf my aunt and uncle gave me for Christmas (thanks, guys!)
Long underwear top
Long underwear bottoms
A long-sleeved shirt
A long-sleeved sweater
A puffy ski-type jacket
My o woolies
Jeans
My big ol' winter boots
Mittens

Here's how I felt:

Like I was naked


Okay, not really. My top part was pretty well taken care of, which is good considering I looked like a puffy peach Michelan man, but my legs and feet could have used one more pair of long socks and a pair of short ones for my frozen toes, and maybe a pair of gloves under my mittens or a second pair of mittens or something. Jesus, Canada. What are you trying to pull?

1 comment:

-M said...

I read "my pop tart was pretty well taken care of," and my mind went to an inappropriate place. I think that should be a new double entendre.