Sunday, January 23, 2011

New cancer news

This week, Mom and Dad talked to me on Skype to tell me that the doctors had found more cancer in Dad, this time in his brain. He's got pea and dime sized masses in his brain, but it sounds like all they're doing about this is adding an extra session of radiation to the end of two of his existing treatments they're already doing.

Dad says he feels fine and not to worry. I am, of course, worried. But what can I do? So I wait here. I'm lucky to have the opportunity to be away, to be in a different country with my boyfriend and all these new experiences, but I'm looking forward to going home to see my family again. I'm sure they don't need me, but hopefully I can help with household things, and if I can sort out some sort of transportation, get a job to help financially, too. We'll see.

www.marriedtothesea.com

No comments: