Friday, February 25, 2011

Halfie Birthday!


Happy half birthday, Chris! His birthday is August 25th and I did an underwhelming job of celebrating it with him (being broke and in another country didn't help), so I wanted to do a little party today, half a year between his last birthday and his next one. Thanks to Dad putting my checks in my account (because I FINALLY sent them home), I was able to buy party hats, balloons, some little presents, and a cake, which I had the bakery guy cut in half. It was great!

When he came home, Big Bear, the stuffed squirrel, Little Bear, one of Monte's chew toys (the hedgehog) and I were all wearing party hats, there were streamers on the wall, and latex balloons around the apartment. I couldn't get Monte on to save my life. We both sat down and had slices of delicious chocolate cake with milk. I got some of those number candles (2, 8, 5) and used the wax from a Babybel cheese to make a decimal point, so his cake said 28.5 on it.

For his present, I gave him the game pictured above, a card game with ever-changing rules and a pirate bent. The gentleman I talked to at the toy store said it was a lot of fun to play with his girlfriend, so I thought it was a good choice. We haven't played it yet. I also gave him a foam pirate hook, a bouncy ball with a skull and crossbones on it, and breaking with the pirate theme entirely, a pair of dollar store disk-guns, which we shot at each other while I screamed, terrified, throughout the apartment.


So it was a great little thing to do for Chris before he came home, and I was excited to get out of the apartment and rush around with a mission today. I've got a fewposts I have to crank out in the next couple days, one about ebooks and my suggestions for the cheapest way to read them, based on my experience, an easy meal for timid cooks, and a recap of the trip Chris and Cat and I took to Casa Loma. And I might end up posting about the Big Exciting Event of tomorrow, which is Chris and I going to a roller derby match. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Chris said...

It was the best half-birthday a guy could ask for. Just being with you was enough to make it the best one I've had yet.