Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weigh-In #5

Hello, Thursday! I think I might have been a bit rude to you last week, and for that I sincerely apologize. I guess today I just realize that, well, you're not so bad. What do you mean I'm only being sweet because I've lost weight? Don't be so ridiculous. But I guess since you mentioned it, yes, I did lose weight. Thanks for noticing, Thursday.

176.4 pounds, a welcome sight after last week.

With this weigh-in, I've lost 4.2 pounds since last week for a total weight loss of 10.2 pounds since January 20th. I imagine in the next week that I might gain a pound or two, since four pounds is a lot to lose in a week, but this is great. This is progress, and who knows, maybe it'll stick for more than a week. I didn't catch up on my workouts this week, but I didn't fall further behind, and I think I ate pretty well this week.

How I Ate:

According to my continued calorie tracking over at MyFitnessPal, I averaged a calorie intake this week of 1351. Of course it's somewhat imprecise when it comes to food I don't cook myself, but I try to get the numbers as close to accurate as I can. This week I ate a couple big meals, especially the ribs over at Chris's family's place. Man, ribs have a LOT of calories. They're so good, though! Ah, well. That was on Saturday. Sunday Catherine, Chris, and I went to Casa Loma (pictures coming!) and has cheeseburgers at a diner. We walked a LOT that day, but went home and had delicious/terrible leftovers from the day before, so more crazy calories. I should have spread out the calories to other meals, but I didn't, so Saturday and Sunday ended up being pretty big hits to my calorie count this week. On the other hand, I had days where I ate an awful lot less. We were a little pinched for fresh fruit and veggies this week, but we finally got to the grocery store and have been eating really yummy and healthy meals since then.

For lunch yesterday I had a meal consisting of brown rice, chicken breast, and spinach, a glass of water, as well as a little plate of celery, baby carrots, and strawberries. Also in the picture is my ebook reader.

How I Moved:

Though I'm really happy with my performance on my EA Sports Active 2 workouts, I didn't catch up any more on my missed workouts and I'm still behind two in total. I have about a week and a half to catch up before the end of the nine week program and I feel like a jerk. Oh, well. I still did four workouts this week. I also walked to and most of the way from Casa Loma on Saturday, as well as the usual small amount of walking around the city for groceries and other little things. I decided to turn off the in-game music for EASA2 and made a playlist of high-energy songs in iTunes. I still hear my trainer and the sound effects, now I just get to rock out a little more than I do with the bland and highly repetitive in-game music. I feel myself getting tired on the cardio portions because the music is pushing me, but it also puts me in a great mood to force myself to keep working when I'm tired.

How I Felt:


Well, it was another rough week, but it was better. I was better. I felt a little anxious about some household things, but I feel like we're getting them sorted. I've been better about the housework these last few days, and I'm having fun coming up with dinner activities. I'm reading, which is a bit distracting but also a lot of fun, and I got to talk to my good friend Curtis about my quitting Facebook for a story he's writing on social media. A lot of my friends seem to be having relationship difficulties, and while I feel terrible for them, it's really reassuring to bring issues to Chris and be able to communicate about these situations as hypotheticals. Things like, "If that happened with us, what would you do?" and just talking it out. That's really comforting. I know I'm going to miss him, but I feel a lot more ready to go home than I have so far. I don't want to leave Chris, but he has things (big, important, nerdy things!) to do here, and I have things to do at home.

It's okay. It wasn't a perfect week, but I feel good about it. I feel proud of the numbers I'm putting up, and so happy to have the family, friends, and partner I do, because I don't know if I'd be able to do it without them.

No comments: