Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weigh-In #6

Happy Thursday! Well, not the happiest Thursday. As Chris pointed out, the odd Thursdays are my favorite. This isn't too bad, though, and I'm going to optimistically attribute my slight increase to water weight or muscles or a gravity storm. I expected to gain back a bit of weight this week, I just didn't really want to. Oh, well.

177.4 pounds.
So this week I'm weighing in at 177.4 pounds, one pound heavier than last week and 9.2 pounds lighter than when I started back on January 20th. I wish I could have lost more weight, but I'm not too disappointed, and not surprised. It's just working out that this is how my weight loss journey is shaping up.

How I Ate:

This week I ate an average of 1447 calories a day. That's not bad, though I could go a bit lower next week. I had a couple bigger meals this week, but I also had some really great ones that hit a lot of my goals for nutrients and low calories. I'm pleased with the week overall, and my main issue for the upcoming week is using leftovers, whether from Chris's parents or our own meals, respnsibly. It's okay to splurge on a special meal out, but the next day you have to balance the high calories of some of the items with super healthy other things, and don't feel pressured to recreate the other meal.

How I Moved:

I caught up on my EA Sports Active 2 workouts this week! That means I worked out for six of the last seven days, which is awesome. Today's actually the last day of the 9-Week Program, which is exciting and I'm nervous for it. Oh well, it'll be great. Terrible and hard, but great. This week I did a bit of walking, but most of my exercising came from EASA2. Some days were amazing and I did a great job pushing myself, and others I had a hard time overcoming my mental blocks in exercising. I'm still not totally sure what makes one day go so well and another such a struggle for exercising, but I'm trying to clue in to how I'm feeling and see if I can figure it out.

How I Felt:

This week was pretty great. I had some really productive days, and I tried really hard to force myself to be positive. I've been increasingly feeling claustrophobic being home all day, which is actually really good news. When I first got to Toronto I would take little trips while Chris was at work all the time. After a while it got colder and I became more focused on trying to make the house pleasant, I used housework as an excuse not to go anywhere. It fed a kind of anxiety about leaving that I developed, where I'd say, "I can't go anywhere, I haven't done X, Y, and Z!" and even if I was feeling terrible and wouldn't do X, Y, and Z anyway, I wouldn't leave because I felt too guilty to do so. I've been wanting to go out and do things on my own this week, and feeling less chained to the apartment. I'm happy about that and, as it will result in more walking, it bodes well for my fitness.

Overall, I'm happy. I feel like I'm working hard for something and it's paying off, but I'm not letting it rule my life. It's pretty great. I'm feeling very positive and hopeful, despite the little stumble on the scale this week.

No comments: