Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weigh-In #9

It's technically weigh-in #8, but as I missed the update last week and I want to keep up with my total number of weeks at it, I'm calling this weigh-in #9. I'll do what I want, thank you very much. It's good news after on week of eating pretty poorly and missing some workouts and one week of eating very well and working out a ton. I'll take it.


This week I weigh 170.8, down 3.6 pounds since my weigh-in two weeks ago and down a total of 15.8 pounds since starting this journey on January 20th. I'm still doing around a pound and a half a week, which is my goal. Now for the breakdown of the week.

How I Ate:

This week I ate an average of 1486 calories a day, which isn't bad when you consider last night's Swiss Chalet meal (just once more before I go back to Florida) and the diner meal Chris and I shared, a milkshake, a Monte Cristo sandwich (not quite as encased in batter as the Bennigan's version), and some fries. The trick this week has been planning ahead, having healthy snacks on hand, weighing and measuring out my food, and logging my calories. You can be spontaneous and say you want to have a treat or do dinner out if you know that the day before you were under your calorie limit, you've been good today, and you'll work to eat extra healthily tomorrow. You can't do that without healthy food in your kitchen, particularly sides and snacks like frozen veggies and low-calorie yogurt.

How I Moved:

I worked out or walked at least an hour five days this week. I've been getting back into weights intermittently and jumping rope in addition to my EASA2 Cardio Kickstart workouts. Weights are ROUGH, and my legs hate me, but I'm getting better at the jump rope. I feel good about working out and am thinking about how I'm going to keep active when I return home.

How I Felt:

Excited. Nostalgic. Inspired. I'm going home to my people, you know? Back to palm trees and the quiet of the suburbs. I know I'll miss my boy and my pup, but this separation is temporary, and we've waited before. I've also been very interested these last two weeks in finding out all I can about fashion and dressing myself well. It's not enough to lose weight if I stay scared to wear anything but jeans and a tee shirt, you know? So I bought some things and I'm planning what other pieces I want, and it's going to happen. I had some bad, unproductive days where I lost my time online, but I'm working on it. In fact, after this post, I'm using LeechBlock to keep myself off any and all websites until this evening. I have dishes to wash and laundry to do, and I have a great tool to help me maintain my focus on my objectives. It's pretty great.

If this image isn't immediately recognizable to you, you need to click here. Right now.


So that's this week. I'm really excited to go home under 170 pounds and to begin working on Couch to 5k. It may take a tiny investment (I need an mp3 player or to shell out money to the Apple Store to fix the battery in my old one), but other than that all I need are running shoes, which I already have. Chris and I are talking about letting me borrow the Wii and EA Sports Active 2, also, so I can probably get by without a gym membership. I have a ways to go, I know it, but I've come pretty far, too.

2 comments:

iamninjabuni said...

You and Chris are so inspiring. And positive! You guys will stand the test of distance (again) and I am so happy for you both.

If you need an mp3 player I have an iPod Nano that I have not been able to sell, because my name is engraved on the back (mom's idea). It is a little beat up in the screen area but it definitely works and it is free if you want it!

esta is kifter said...

Just saw you mention your blog on twitter. I read a few posts and your weigh ins sound awesome. Keep kicking ass.