Friday, April 8, 2011

Weigh-In #11

Sorry to post my progress a day late, I forgot yesterday was a weigh-in day and ate breakfast. I felt like this was going to be a good week and didn't want to waste my scale picture on non-optimal conditions. Sorry! Anyway, here we go. I've officially been back in Jacksonville for over a week, and I'm starting to find effective ways to sync my fitness goals with my life here.


Today's really encouraging weigh in o f 169.8 pounds puts me down 2.4 pounds from last week and 16.8 pounds since I first weighed in on January 20th. I'm still maintaining an average weight loss of 1.5 pounds per week, which is perfect and exactly what I hoped for. I feel like in two weeks I should be halfway to my goal, in less than half my time allotted. That's exciting, and I can't wait to celebrate such a significant milestone on this blog. Alright, onto the breakdown!

How I Ate:

This week I returned to logging all my calories on MyFitnessPal. This week I averaged 1173 calories a day, which is low. I'm not doing strength training, though, so I'm not too concerned, and next week should be a bit higher in the calorie area. Also it's hard to count things precisely when eating out, so I may have consumed my regular 1300-1400 calories and just have logged it incompletely. Speaking of eating out, on Tuesday my parents and I went out for dim sum at Silver Star, which was great. We had tiny spare ribs, sesame balls, shrimp dumplings, leek dumplings, vegetable rice rolls, sticky rice in a lotus leaf, and more that I'm forgetting. It was a lot of fun, and I was so happy to see how much Mom and Dad liked it. I also had some food from Krystal on Monday when Dad had his chemo and Toby's on Friday, but you knew about that.

How I Moved:

This week was decent for exercise, not as good as previous weeks where I was using EA Sports Active 2 four times a week but better than recent weeks. Mom and I walked a couple days this week and did a short but grueling Biggest Loser workout video we found via OnDemand.

Yesterday I put my portable radio and running shoes to work and walked Lilly. We walked for .7 miles until we got to Old St. Augustine Rd. and then we alternated walking and running with each song on the radio. Then we did the same with the commercials that played. We did this for three miles, and while I was hot and tired by the end of it, I wasn't totally wiped out. I felt athletic and capable, and it made me want to run more. I know it's only going to get hotter here in Florida, but I feel like if I start forcing myself to work out in the weather now, I'll be more adjusted when the heat really hits.

 How I Felt:

Great! This has been a really good week for me and for my fitness goals. I loved the reception I got when I came home and everyone was telling me how much weight I'd lost, but I was kind of nervous about meshing my eating/moving style in with life at home, but it's been working out pretty well. I was able to wear some of my new clothes and I felt wonderful about how I look in them.

I realized that I eat better on days when I work out, so I want to work to do at least some of my exercising during the morning/early afternoon hours because then I want to keep up my healthy habits throughout the day. Also, I've noticed that if I have a heavy lunch or dinner I usually feel too full or down about what I've done to want to work out. It's illogical but true. I'd like to work on getting out of bed a bit earlier and running or doing an OnDemand workout before breakfast, before it gets too hot outside and before I get too hungry. I'll let you know how it works out!

Oh, here's a picture of me today. I look a little silly (yes, I'm flexing my bicep) but it's a good barometer of how my body looks at the moment. Not a ton of muscle, definitely smaller, and with a ways to go. Compared to this picture of me working out back in January, it shows obvious progress. I'm getting there!

No comments: