Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jacksonville Roller Derby!

Dad and I have been talking about going to the upcoming roller derby bout on April 16th, a double header pitting two of our Jacksonville teams against two Knoxville teams in the UNF Arena. I am thrilled because I left my last experience with roller derby itching for more. Dad's curious about it, to, and showed me a billboard he'd spotted on Roosevelt advertising this match.

The billboard looks just like this, only about 100 times bigger.

So we weren't on the fence about it, just taking our time buying tickets. It was such great luck then that I found out that Groupon's deal of the day in Jacksonville is two for one tickets. Tickets at the door are $12 a pop, tickets bought online are $10 per, and through this deal (which 120 people have already taken advantage of as of this writing), two tickets are $10 for two. I grabbed them, and if you're quick, you can hit this link and get some too before the deal runs out.

I'm so excited to watch roller derby again, and am going to try to be there right when doors open at 5:30 to get seats.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Don't forget to watch Whip It! to get pumped up for the bout.