Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lunch With Dad

Yesterday, Dad and I went to have lunch at Toby's, a barbecue restaurant. We were really disappointed when Toby's closed a year or so ago, but recently my dad found out that there was another location. It was a bit of a drive, but this location has a lot of character and the food is, of course, worth it.

The restaurant has a thing for pigs. Well, eating them.

The menu at this location has all of our favorite items.

Dad and I both had the pork sandwich with barbecue sauce on Texas toast, called the Toby Joe, and they were pretty delicious. I had mine with some green beans and coleslaw, which seemed a bit healthier than fries and baked beans, but not by much.

Dad had corn nuggets with his sandwich, which I was nice enough to help him out with them.


It was a fun trip and, though I went over on calories, it was a nice welcome back to Jacksonville food splurge.

1 comment:

iamninjabuni said...

Isn't it creepy how all BBQ joints have pigs as their mascots? Its a pork conspiracy!