Friday, April 1, 2011

Weigh-In #10

I've been so darn busy since I got back to Jacksonville. I'm just the most popular girl in the city right now, you know? Between spending time with my mom, dad, sister, niece, and boyfriend (via Skype), I just haven't had a lot of time to update. I don't have a personal routine down yet. I know my eating and exercise are scandalous and nonexistent respectively, so this coming week I have to make up for that.


So I'm weighing in at 172.2 pounds, which is down 14.4 pounds since starting and up 1.4 pounds from last week. That's not bad considering my zero exercise (beside some walking) and majorly off-plan eating this week. I haven't been working out or counting calories. Whoops. I will be cooking dinner tomorrow and trying to work in a walk if the weather permits, so hopefully I can get this new week of health consciousness off to a great start.

Honestly, I've eaten some good meals and made some god choices, but this has really been a week to focus on other things. I have to be honest, and this is me doing that. I'm in a different environment dealing with a kitchen with a lot of healthy and unhealthy things, time that isn't really mine to plan for now, and a family with some serious bad food habits. I'm part of that family. I had those habits for years. I have to make it clear to my parents (who are reading this!) that if they want me to help them eat healthier, they're going to have to be willing to throw away the massive bag of peanut M&Ms, even if it's -gasp- not yet empty. We'll see how this goes. I have to be understanding but firm, and starting this moment I'm going to start turning down food that I know is bad for me just because my family wants to make comfort food. Boneless skinless chicken breast with broccoli and brown rice is comfort enough for me. Watching my weight go down instead of up is my definition of comfort. It's going to be hard when Mom has dishes she makes so well that are bad for me and Dad bakes for fun.

I want to do this. I have to do this. I don't want to let myself down.
He's cardboard. That's the joke.

3 comments:

esta is kifter said...

I <3 My Cardboard Life.

Whitney said...

Neally tweeted about it the other day and I fell in love. I'm looking forward to Nealy doing some webcomics that I can rope into the theme of whatever I'm posting at the time so I can pimp his comic on here, too.

Chris said...

Man, that cardboard is ripped!