Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wedding Dresses

I found my wedding dress and it's hanging in my bedroom, but I thought I'd share a few pictures of dresses I looked at that didn't make the cut. These are from a consignment store I checked out a few weeks ago, the very day I ended up finding my wonderful dress from Park Avenue Bridal. Half of these were pretty cool and could have been good choices for my dress, but the other two are better left for another bride. Pardon the dressing room mirror shots, I was all alone.


This dress I actually really liked. It's different, and I thought the little sash was a really cool addition I just hadn't seen anywhere else. The bottom (not pictured) wasn't particularly poofy, though, and it felt a bit too sleek and small for what I'd been imagining.


 Man, can you say "thin"? You can see my belly button through this dress, and the seams! I'm not opposed to wearing shapewear for the perfect dress, but the fit and the details just weren't there for me. Ah, well.


Another really cool dress, I couldn't believe how nice the straps looked. I guess their being set really wide on the bodice made it look so different than just a tank top or halter style of shirt. I love the ruched top, too. This was definitely a contender.


Oh man. This isn't me AT ALL. I tried it on to get a feel for something totally out of my comfort zone, said, "Well, that's that," and never looked back.

So what do you think? Do you think I should have gone with any of these? Of course I have a picture of me in the dress I ended up wearing, but I'm not sharing it here where Chris can see it, so you'll just have to wait until February 25th!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

<3 the first one, supermuchly!

-M said...

I'm really not crazy about any of them. You definitely made the right choice.

Whitney said...

Thank you ladies. I'm happy happy happy with the dress I have, and I can't wait to be able to post snazzy professional pictures of it after the wedding. Only seven months to go!