Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weigh-In Week #32!

Last week I was a bit overconfident. I stopped counting calories. I didn't work out. I'm down a grand total of one pound in three weeks. This is bad. This will improve.


Alright. Anyway. This week I weigh 150.4 pounds, for a total weight loss of 36.2 pounds since I started this thing back in January, which makes my average weight loss 1.13 pounds a week.

I ate some baaaaaaad food. I also ate some healthy reasonable food, but I didn't do the little things to keep my nutrition on track and made too many excuses. Bad eating is okay in moderation with friends and family for a special event, but it's goofy and not special when you're hanging around the house. I am not going to give up, because I know I can do this. In order to meet my goal, I've got to lose 1.5 pounds a week. This is totally happening. Come on, guys. I can do this.

The Road Ahead

In other news, I'm really looking forward to post-goal activity: weight training! I love getting stronger and I know how many health benefits it offers. I know it's a super effective way to keep your weight low thanks to calorie-torching muscle mass boosting one's metabolism, and I know I'm going to look a lot better with muscles under my skin. I do have a bit of post-weight loss loose skin on my arms and stomach, and it would look way cooler to have abs, triceps, and triceps to help fill that out.

I'm not sure what program I'd like to start, but I'm bouncing between Starting Strength, Krista's Beginner Full-Body Routine, and Sean10mm's Stripped 5x5. I'm looking for something that emphasizes a handful of compound movements that hit pretty much everything. I'm not interested in doing 48 isolation exercises to hit each muscle individually, because the human body works as a system and muscles work together. I want overall strength, definition, and health.

That's the plan! I'd also love to return to yoga, but my gym has seriously cut back on the number of yoga classes it has and my schedule has only gotten more restricted.

Alright! I've got the tools to do well, because I've been using them for over half a year. I've got the desire, because I absolutely want to cross this off my list and be able to say, "Look what I did!" And I've got a plan to keep all these good things I've been doing going. Well, an idea of a plan. I'll pick a routine by the time I hit my goal. Now all that's left is to make this happen!

No comments: